Increasing Your Home's Value
When you're preparing your house for sale, remember the importance of first impressions. The market isn't the only factor that influences whether you get your asking price. Appearance and overall condition play a major role. Here are some easy things you can do to make your home more appealing to buyers.
- It's estimated that more than half of all houses are sold before the buyers even get out of their cars. So stand across the street from your house and review its curb appeal.
- Sweep front walkway.
- Remove newspapers, bikes, and toys.
- Park extra cars away from the property.
- Trim the shrubs.
- Apply fresh, clean paint throughout.
- Clean windows and window coverings throughout.
- Keep plumbing and all appliances in working order.
- Maintain all sealants (window, tub, shower, sink, etc.) in good condition.
- Make sure roof and gutters are in good condition; no repairs needed.
- Mow the lawn more frequently and plant flowers.
- Keep pet areas clean.
- Kitchen and bathroom should shine.
- Quick once-over with the vacuum; carpets should be clean.
- Place fresh flowers in the main rooms.
- Put dishes away, unless setting a formal display for decoration.
- Make beds and put all clothes away.
- Open drapes and turn on lights for a brighter feel.
- Straighten closets.
- Put toys away.
- Turn off television.
- Play soft music on the radio/stereo.
- Keep pets out of the way and pet areas clean and odor-free.
- Secure jewelry, cash, prescription medication, and other valuables.
- Enhance the spaciousness of each room. Pack away collectibles to allow buyers to envision their own furnishings in the home.
Home Prices in Your Neighborhood
Knowing how much homes are selling for in your neighborhood is one of many factors to consider in determining the selling price range for your home. When you contact us, we will put you in touch with one of our qualified real estate professionals who will visit you and prepare a market analysis of the homes recently sold in your neighborhood, share his or her in-depth knowledge of current market conditions, and help you determine the market value of your property.
Keep in mind, your home is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Working with Samson Properties will help ensure that your property will receive maximum exposure to attract interested people who are willing to make an offer.
Fair Market Value
The basic laws of supply and demand greatly impact what a buyer is willing to pay for property and the amount financial institutions or lenders are willing to finance.
Fair market value is defined as the likely price a ready, willing, and able buyer is willing to pay for a property when:
- The property is offered for sale on the open market.
- The property is marketed for a reasonable period of time.
- The buyer has a complete understanding and knowledge of the property.
- Neither the buyer nor seller is under abnormal pressure